NV5 has been awarded the Shiells Road Bridge Replacement Project located near the City of Modesto, California. Stanislaus County has an aging inventory of bridges built in the 1910’s and 1920’s. The existing bridge on Shiells Road built in 1928, consists of 2 lanes and was placed on the County’s Department of Public Works list of Bridge Priority Projects due to its obsolete functionality.
In response to increased traffic in the area causing several accidents in recent years, Stanislaus County officials reached out to NV5 to provide the design, full engineering services, environmental clearance documents and geotechnical survey needs for a new 2 lane bridge. The federal government will fund up to 88.53% of the eligible costs for replacement as part of the Federal Highway Bridge Program (HBP). The remainder 11.47% will be funded through the California bridge toll credit program.
Construction is scheduled to begin in 2014.