Congratulations to our Community Relations & Public Affairs team for its amazing showing at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Awards Gala in November! Our team took home 7 awards, including “Best of Show.” Photo (L to R): Rachel Kulis, Gabriela Dow, Sarah Davis (City of Oceanside, client), Colleen Foster (City of Oceanside, client), Rebecca Cole, Susan Duffett, Teresa Leader-Anderson, Jenna Brossman, Melissa McChesney (Padre Dam Municipal Water District, client), and Wendy Hovland.
NV5 is “Best of Show” at Annual PRSA Awards Gala
By: Rebecca Cole
Our San Diego-based Community Relations and Public Affairs team swept the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) 2019 Edward L. Bernays Mark of Excellence Awards Ceremony – taking home a total of SEVEN awards, including the top “Best of Show” award of the evening!
The awards recognize excellence in public relations campaigns and tactics in a range of categories including media relations, community relations, and public affairs. Named after Edward L. Bernays, the “father of public relations,” the awards were open to all agencies and organizations in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
The annual event was held on November 7 at the Andaz Hotel in San Diego. The individual awards and categories won by the NV5 team on behalf of our clients include:
Bronze Best of Show Awards
- Creative Tactics – NV5 and the East County Advanced Water Purification Program (see project here)
Silver Bernays Awards
- Community Relations – Nonprofit/Government/Association Excellence – Pure Water Oceanside, City of Oceanside and NV5
- Events and Observances (Seven or Fewer Days) – Nonprofit/Government/Association Merit – Pure Water Oceanside – World of Water, City of Oceanside and NV5
Bronze Bernays Awards
- Creative Tactics Excellence – East County Water Festival, East County Advanced Water Purification Program and NV5 (see project here)
- Media Relations – Associations/Government Excellence – Green Oceanside Kitchen Media Relations Campaign, City of Oceanside and NV5
- Research/Evaluation Excellence – Research Makes a Difference – Pure Water Oceanside, City of Oceanside and NV5
- Video or Video Program Merit – “THIS is Chula” video distribution and engagement, City of Chula Vista and NV5 (see project here)