The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas. Companies seeking authorization to construct, own or operate a FERC-regulated facility have a myriad of processes and procedures they must follow to obtain that authorization from FERC. NV5’s staff has decades of experience in successfully guiding clients through the FERC certificate process. NV5 staff has even taught the FERC certificate filing process to the natural gas industry. NV5 knows the FERC process.
Every step along the way from initial concept to design and project development, environmental and cultural field surveys to permitting, construction inspection to operation compliance, NV5 can provide valuable insight and support necessary to create a successful project.
NV5 has supported Clients through a variety of FERC application processes including Traditional 7(c) filings, Pre-filing applications, Blanket certificate filings, including Prior Notice and Automatic Authorizations.
NV5 works directly with FERC Project Managers to ensure that the projects proceed in an expeditious manner.
- Feasibility Assessment
- Cost Estimating
- Environmental Constraints mapping
- Plan and Schedule Development
Public and Agency Participation
- Consultation with stakeholders
- Scoping and Interagency Meetings
- Open Houses
- Wetlands & Water Bodies
- Threatened & Endangered Species
- Cultural Resources
- Migratory Bird Surveys
- Survey Reports
- Environmental Resource Reports
- Applicant-Prepared EA
- Biological Assessments
- Implementation Plans
- Federal (USACE/USFWS/NRCS/NMFS/MMS)
- State Environmental
- Erosion &Sediment Control
- Environmental Training and Inspection
- Compliance Monitoring and Documentation
- Construction Compliance Managers
- Restoration Monitoring
- Certificate Compliance Review