After years of limited funding and with traffic volumes far surpassing local capacity, highway and freeway projects are once again priority items. We not only engineer and build new facilities, much of our work is providing solutions to upgrade and improve existing systems. NV5 has been involved in the planning, design, and construction inspection of highways and roadways. We have performed feasibility studies, preliminary/final scope development, conceptual/preliminary design, and prepared final contract documents for transportation projects in a variety of settings. Our work ranges from simple roadway/structure widening/ safety improvements to the design of new complex multi-tiered interchanges and structures.
The majority our transportation improvement projects are multi-disciplined and include not only highway and structural engineering, but also traffic/transportation engineering, utility engineering, environmental services and permitting, hydraulics/hydrology, survey and ROW mapping, and construction support services.
Our structural engineers perform bridge inspections and provide design services for bridge rehabilitations and replacements, as well as for the construction of new bridges. Work has included projects such as culverts and retaining walls; pedestrian overpasses and footbridges; bridges over roadways, waterways and railways; and multi-lane interstate highway bridges.
- Alignment Studies
- Geometric Engineering and Design
- Project Study and Project Reports
- Route Studies and Corridor Evaluations
- Plan Line Studies
- Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Roadway and Intersection Improvements
- Bridges, Sound Walls, and Retaining Walls
- Complex Staged Construction
- Right of Way Engineering
- Surveying and Mapping
- Signing and Striping Design
- Traffic Signal Design and Coordination
- Traffic Control Plans
- Drainage Analyses and Design
- Landscape and Median Design
- Light Rail and Heavy Transit
- Transit Center and Platform Design
- Construction Management
- Construction Staking
- Regulatory Agency Permit Processing