Boardwalk Hall was formerly known as the Atlantic City Convention Hall and was built in 1929 as the go-to venue for the city’s growing convention industry. The design of Boardwalk Hall includes 137-foot high vaulted ceilings and historic elements. In 1987, the building was deemed a National Historic Landmark and placed on the United States Register of Historic Places.
Used for a variety of different events over the years, the facility has played host to the nation’s first indoor college football game in 1930, the Miss America Pageant from 1942 to 1945, the Democratic National Convention in 1964, and served as a headquarters and training facility for the Army Air Forces during World War II.
In need of renovations to meet the needs and expectations of modern visitors, Boardwalk Hall was renovated, including the event space, bringing a more modern design and seating for up to 14,770 people. Throughout the venue, technological upgrades were also made, including multiple vertically stacked video display walls, two large format touch screen display walls, high-quality sound systems, digital signal processing, amplification systems, and IP video distribution.