In order to thrive in a changing global market, every project must be innovative, resilient and sustainable. Sustainable design principles have been incorporated across our organization since conception and feed our internal corporate practices.
NV5 can help you make informed decisions that make economic, social and environmental sense. We have negotiated modifications to traditional code compliance requirements, narrowed streets, reduced water consumption, and specified recycled construction materials – all reducing resource consumption, while saving millions of dollars.
Delivering Solutions, Improving Lives
NV5 has been involved in more than 300 sustainability projects, assisting our clients in achieving their sustainability goals. Our staff’s experience, insights, and practical knowledge demonstrate how to design and build profitable projects with sustainable elements.
We have planned, designed, and built wind and solar energy projects providing thousands of megawatts of clean, renewable energy. We also provide Energy Efficiency Services through monitoring-based commissioning to help facilities in a number of industries, reducing carbon footprints and energy usage.
Since 2012, NV5 has been a Member of the Harvard Graduate School of Design Advisory Board for Sustainable Infrastructure. We actively participate in Harvard University’s Zoffnass Program for Sustainable Infrastructure, developing and promoting methods, processes, and tools that quantify sustainability for infrastructure.
Services & Certifications
NV5 provides the following services:
- Building & infrastructure sustainability certifications
- Feasibility studies
- Building performance energy modeling for optimization
- Water performance (stormwater/plumbing/systems use)
- Commissioning & on-going Commissioning/Monitoring Based Commissioning
- Indoor air quality testing & water quality testing
- Environmental soil & Environmental water testing
- Building & infrastructure resiliency analysis
- WELL Health Safety Rating/COVID-19 &WELL building certifications
Many of NV5’s employees are licensed and accredited professionals providing LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Envision, Reli and Resiliency, Net Zero, and Sustainability Master Planning services.
We have provided LEED and WELL Administration and Management services for hundreds of Sustainable design and operations projects, totaling over 80 million square feet, and we are one of the first approved “Performance Test Organizations” for WELL Testing on behalf of the GBCI and IWBI.
Our Corporate Responsibility
We practice our belief that financial and environmental performance go hand-in-hand.
- COVID-19 procedures are integrated into our current LEED and WELL projects as well as in our office facilities.
- NV5 recycles at every office location.
- We have sustainability champions in each of our offices. These local champions promote sustainable business practices and lead sustainability reviews of our clients’ projects.
- We provide quarterly training to educate all staff in sustainable design practices.
- NV5 offices are located in LEED certified and Energy Star labeled buildings.
- Energy efficient lighting and reduced energy use at our offices reduces C02 emissions, Energy Star appliances and copiers reduce energy consumption.
- We use virtual meetings using GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, and Skype for Business to reduce business-related travel and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We offer WELLness programs and healthy options in our offices nationwide.
- NV5 Houston is pursuing WELL certification, becoming NV5’s first WELL certified office.
Recent Building Energy & Sustainability Projects
- American Airlines Skyview 7 & 8 (LEED Campus), Fort Worth, TX. Achieved 2 LEED BD+C Gold Certifications in 2020.
- Frost Tower, San Antonio, TX. Achieved LEED BD+C Silver in 2020.
- EMC: 219 8th Street, Des Moines, IA. Achieved LEED BD+C Gold project. Received USGBC Leadership Award of Merit in 2019
- 75 State Street, Boston, MA. Achieved LEED EB O+M Gold in 2019.
- 250 Vesey, Brookfield Headquarters, New York, NY. Achieved LEED EB O+M Gold in 2018.
- La Jolla Commons I, San Diego, CA. Achieved LEED EB O+M Platinum in 2018.
- Amegy Tower, Houston, TX. Achieved LEED BD+C Gold in 2018.
- BG Group Place (811 Main), Houston, TX. Achieved LEED EB O+M Platinum in 2017.
- 2525 Ponce DeLeon and 2555 Ponce DeLeon, Coral Gables, FL. Achieved LEED EB O+M Gold in 2016.
Laboratories and Healthcare
- CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline Hospital Cx Services, Corpus Christi, TX. Selected First Pilot Project for RELi 2.0 standard pilot program, registered in May 2020.
- Incyte Research Facility Green Globes Energy Model, Wilmington, DE. Completed 2020.
- Chicago O’Hare Airport, NE Cargo – Buildings 836 and 837, Chicago IL. Achieved LEED BD+C Silver in 2020.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) North Terminal Green Globes (in progress) Energy Model, Charlotte, NC.
Zero Net Energy (ZNE)
- North Shore Community College, Allied Health Sciences Building MEP Design services, Danvers, MA. Achieved LEED BD+C Gold in 2018.
- Toyota Office Building and Supplier Center MEP Design services, Saline, MI. Achieved LEEDv4 BD+C Platinum in 2018.
- Itasca Biological Field Station and Laboratories (Biome) NetZero MEP Design Services, Park Rapids, MN.
Education & Government
- Austin Central Library Cx Services, Austin, TX. Achieved LEED BD+C Platinum in 2018.
- Harvard University Soldiers Field Park Graduate Housing (LEED in progress), Boston, MA.
- Pentagon, 4 Bldg Major Renovation Cx and MEP Design services, Arlington, VA. Achieved LEED BD+C certification.
- Wolf Point, West Tower, Chicago, IL. Achieved LEED BD+C Gold in 2017.
- NV5 DC Office. Awarded LEED ID+C Silver certification.
- NV5 Houston Office WELL Certification (in progress)
Envision Infrastructure – In Progress
- Starlight Park Phase II
- Red Hook Integrated Flood Protection
- Broad Channel Street Raising