NV5 serves as a trusted, independent Owner’s Representative (also called Third-Party Consultant, or Project Facilitator) on various types of clean energy projects:
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC)
- Energy-as-a-Service projects (EaaS)
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Projects
- All types of Public-Private Partnership (P3) Projects
- Sustainability projects, including renewable energy generation
- Resiliency Projects, including Microgrid development and implementation
Our unique breadth and depth of experience in the planning, procurement, development, design/construction, and on-going monitoring of clean energy projects has allowed us to become the most trusted Owner’s Representative in the nation on those projects. Our team has provided technical quality assurance (QA) services on more than $4 billion dollars of projects focused on energy efficiency, renewables, and resilience. Our team oversees projects throughout the U.S. and internationally. Our clients range across all types of government agencies on the Federal, State, and Local levels and also in the Commercial & Industrial sector.
As Owner’s Representatives on these projects we:
- Assist clients to organize, plan and implement the optimal type of energy project to secure major improvements with no upfront capital costs
- Set project scope of work for Energy Services Contractors (ESCOs), write RFPs, and assist in ESCO selection and contract negotiations
- Optimize vendor contracts, ensuring fairness to both parties.
- Review technical feasibility, savings, costs, financing, commissioning plans, measurement and verification plans, O&M, and training to ensure expected savings or fair payments are realized
- Identify and ensure all funding sources, such as grants, rebates, and incentives are maximized and secured to mitigate capital costs
- Conduct forensic analyses of energy projects and help negotiate fair indemnification whenever possible